Robert – a past student: "I entered the Dyslexia Centre’s school following a difficult time in the state education system, where I was constantly excluded from lessons due to bad behaviour. When I left my state school of five years, my future looked bleak.
... I was surprised by the time given to the individual, and the nature of care and security that the teachers provided for their pupils. Furthermore, a sense of friendship was obvious between the students – an important aspect of learning also.
... Clearly the ethos surrounding the school aimed to give more time to its students for learning and understanding, alongside a strong foundation of a stable commune….. My progress has changed dramatically. 11 GCSEs, 4 AS levels, alongside 4 University places. My future is now looking bright."
Just a few of the successes of past students:
- ES: reading English at Oxford University
- HK: gained a chef apprenticeship and now runs his own restaurant
- HL: at university reading English
- SM: Graphic Designer & company director
- LS: Director of Art
- JL: School Teacher
- RB: B.A. Hons (2:1) in History
- TG: Garage owner
- AB: Studying for degree at Bristol UNI. Selected for England Under-21 Rugby team